Who we are
We make mobile apps run faster. Do you know that loading of pictures that takes ages, those videos that keep stalling, those photos backups that take forever? That’s what we solve. How? With groundbreaking software tools for mobile app developers.
We’re still on our first steps, learning how to walk, but we do know where we’re heading. And that’s part of the reason why we’re backed by strong venture capital. The other part is that we are aiming to be a global leading player. Maybe a unicorn, maybe a decacorn. We’re not sure about the mythical creature or fancy name, but we’re definitely aiming big.
This is the perfect time for you to come in and make a strong impact on building a giant.
If you feel that you would fit our culture and you have what it takes to help us building an innovative protocol and the tools to make it easy to use, you’re the one we’re looking for. To apply, you just need to send an e-mail to email@example.com, but here’s an advice: please make sure you read everything below carefully.
What you’ll do
- You will work in a cross-functional team, responsible for developing software that will run on Android, iOS and Unix systems.
- You will also be involved in every stage of the product development process, from early planning to production.
- Regarding your daily tasks, you will mostly develop using C++, but you will have to tackle any problem that your team encounters (we hope you are not afraid of bash scripting optimization).
Who are you
- A C++ (11, 14 or even 17) developer with at least 3 years of work experience, who isn't afraid of facing new challenges.
- A cross-platform developer capable of delivering working software for Android, iOS and Unix systems.
- Someone who knows how to build and package software with CMake.
- A professional that enjoys good software design practices: unit testing, integration testing and SOLID are not just words for you.
- Master in Informatics Engineering, Computer Science, or similar.
- Someone with good written and verbal English communication skills
Extra points if you have:
- Good understanding of HTTP, TCP/IP and basics of Networking
- Experience with Boost C++ libraries
- Experience with Conan Package Manager
What you can expect at Codavel
- Empowerment. We give everyone the opportunity to make an impact, we expect everyone to take this opportunity.
- A risk-prone culture. We celebrate failure because it’s a fundamental part of innovation. Also, we have a feedback-based culture, that’s how we keep learning from failures and improving.
- A transparent culture, with regular all-hands meetings and open-door policy (we actually don’t have any doors), so that we’re all on the same page, all the time.
- Flexibility to manage your own work, your own schedule, which includes working from home. We value a good work-life balance.
- A team that will support you and challenge you so that we can all grow together.
- Paper planes flying, ping pong balls fights or even someone emptying a glass of water in someone else's head. Have we said we allow pets in the office? And by the way, how are your table tennis skills? We need someone to challenge João.
- Ah, and a competitive salary.
What NOT to expect at Codavel
- Rowing a boat alone.
- Risk-free areas, aversion to failure or easy-to-achieve goals.
- Barriers to making your own significant impact, like for example a complex hierarchy that’s impossible to climb.
- A week that’s just like the week before, or immutable plans.
- A quiet or boring office environment, with extreme politeness and/or political correctness.
Now you’re aware of what we expect from you and exactly what you can expect from us, so you’re ready to apply if you believe you’re a good fit. Send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and Motivation Letter, with the subject “C++ Developer”.