Head of Marketing
Go back to Careers
Want to know more about Codavel?
We make mobile apps run faster. Do you know that loading of pictures that takes ages, those videos that keep stalling, those photos backups that take forever? That’s what we solve. How? With groundbreaking software tools for mobile app developers.
We’re still on our first steps, learning how to walk, but we do know where we’re heading. And that’s part of the reason why we’re backed by strong venture capital. The other part is that we are aiming to be a global leading player. Maybe a unicorn, maybe a decacorn. We’re not sure about the mythical creature or fancy name, but we’re definitely aiming big.
This is the perfect time for you to come in and make a strong impact on building a giant.
Experience is an obvious plus, but our focus is on talent and eagerness. If you feel that you would fit our culture and you have what it takes to lead our marketing efforts, in particular, our inbound marketing strategy, you’re the one we’re looking for. To apply, you need to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, but here’s an advice: please make sure you read everything below carefully.
What you’ll do
- You’ll be responsible for defining, executing and tracking our entire marketing strategy. We don’t expect you to execute every single detail, but we do expect you to lead.
- We want to significantly grow our numbers. That’s why we expect you to guide our SEO, as well as other efforts to attract more visitors.
- From the growing number of visitors, we want to extract valuable business opportunities. You’ll be defining and evaluating conversion strategies that can turn online visitors into actual sales leads.
- The above efforts require you to define audiences, analyze user behavior and identify possible opportunities, as well as the content strategy to engage different audiences.
- That also implies evolving the company and brand message and make sure it is accurate, strong and consistent across all channels.
- Company materials critical to the sales team, including pitches, one-pagers, media kit, product updates, brochures, website material and similar, will also be your responsibility.
Who you are
- A leader, that fits our culture and that can inspire your teammates towards greatness.
- An avid and fast learner, a passionate teacher, which includes translating creative chaos into structured actions.
- An excellent storyteller, with strong copywriting skills.
- Someone who can easily be confused for a native English speaker.
- A professional with an academic background in Marketing, Communications, Business Management or related field.
- Experience with CRM software (Hubspot), with analytics tools (Google Analytics, SEMRush) is a plus.
- Experience leading and managing SEO/SEM and inbound marketing is a strong plus (which can be replaced by a proven capacity to learn fast).
What you can expect at Codavel
- Empowerment. We give everyone the opportunity to make an impact, we expect everyone to take this opportunity.
- A risk-prone culture. We celebrate failure because it’s a fundamental part of innovation. Also, we have a feedback-based culture, that’s how we keep learning from failures and improving.
- A transparent culture, with regular all-hands meetings and open-door policy (we actually don’t have any doors), so that we’re all on the same page, all the time.
- Flexibility to manage your own work, your own schedule, which includes working from home. We value a good work-life balance.
- A team that will support you and challenge you so that we can all grow together.
- Paper planes flying, ping pong balls fights or even someone emptying a glass of water in someone else’s head. Have we said we allow pets in the office? And by the way, how are your table tennis skills? We need someone to challenge João.
- Ah, and a competitive salary.
What NOT to expect at Codavel
- Rowing a boat alone.
- Risk-free areas, aversion to failure or easy-to-achieve goals.
- Barriers to making your own significant impact, like for example a complex hierarchy that’s impossible to climb.
- A week that’s just like the week before, or immutable plans.
- A quiet or boring office environment, with extreme politeness and/or political correctness.
Now you’re aware of what we expect from you and exactly what you can expect from us, so you’re ready to apply if you believe you’re a good fit. Send us an e-mail to email@example.com with your CV and Motivation Letter, with the subject “Here’s your next Head of Marketing”.
Go back to Careers