Registered office: Rua da Constituição, 346-358, 4200-192 Porto, Portugal
VAT Number: PT514998253
Terms & conditions
The term ‘Codavel’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Rua da Constituição, 346-358, 4200-192 Porto, Portugal. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- Please read these terms carefully before using this website (“Site”). Your use of this Site constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions, which takes effect on the first day of use of this Site.
- Codavel reserves the right to change these terms and conditions by posting the changes online. Your continued use of this Site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
- These terms and conditions apply to any site, or online pages, under the control of Codavel and from which a link has been created to these terms and conditions.
- Copyright in the material is owned by Codavel. Codavel has made every effort to gain copyright for all written material on this Site. Any person who owns the copyright for material published on this Site, please contact us.
- Unauthorized use of the material including reproduction, storage, modification, distribution or publication without the prior written consent of Codavel or, where applicable, the respective copyright owner(s) is prohibited. Documents (including information, images, photos, logos, names and icons related to all and any product, project, technological solution or technical documentation, design work, manuals, databases, simple ideas or know-how, trade secrets, commercial information sales/marketing techniques, are the exclusive property of Codavel without the prior written permission of the copyright holders on this Site may not be downloaded, altered or adapted for any purpose except for personal, non-commercial use. Should Codavel receive any complaint with regard to third party material on this Site, it will review the matter and remove material at its sole discretion. Codavel will have no further liability to either party in such instance.
- Unauthorized use of this Site may give rise to a claim for damages.
- Materials on this Site are provided for the purposes of information or reporting, but we do not guarantee the applicability in all contexts.
- Links to third party websites on this Site are provided solely as a convenience to you. Codavel is not responsible for the contents or the reliability of linked third-party websites, either to or from Codavel’s Site, and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Site, you do so entirely at your own risk. Any website wanting to create a link to Codavel’s Site, or to request a link to be created to them, must contact us.
- Unless otherwise requested, by posting messages on Codavel’s Site discussion board you are granting a license to Codavel to reproduce these comments on any other part of the Site and in any other publications.
- Codavel has the right to remove any material or posting you make on this Site at its discretion.
- If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this Site must be terminated immediately.
- Codavel does not accept liability for any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, loss of profits, or any damages whatsoever arising out of, or in connection with the use or loss of use of this Site.
- While Codavel endeavors to ensure that the Site is available 24 hours a day, this is not guaranteed. Codavel does not warrant that the functions contained in the material in this Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this Site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. Codavel may make changes to the materials on this Site, or to the information, products, and prices described in them, at any time without notice. The materials on this Site may be out of date, and the Codavel makes no commitment to update the Materials on this Site.
- These Terms and Conditions will be governed by the laws of Portugal applicable therein. Except as restricted by applicable law, you hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts in the city of Porto, Portugal, in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of the Site.
- Any questions regarding the Site can be addressed by contacting us.
All content, unless otherwise stated, is copyright © 2018 Codavel, S.A.. All rights reserved.
Last Updated: June, 2018
At Codavel, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about you, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, how we keep it safe and secure and your rights and choices in relation to your information.
Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Codavel, Rua da Constituição, 346-358, 4200-192 Porto, Portugal. Alternatively, you can telephone +351 225 027 121.
Who are we?
We’re Codavel and we are here to help internet-based services ensure every user gets the best experience possible, regardless of user location, device or network, or content nature or source.
In this policy ‘Codavel’, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means:
- Codavel, S.A., registered VAT no. PT514998253. Registered address is Rua da Constituição, 346-358, 4200-192 Porto, Portugal.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you in the following ways:
Information you give us directly
For example, we may obtain information about you when you purchase products, contact us using our website form or when you register to receive one of our newsletters / blog posts.
When you visit this website
We, like many companies, automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of device you’re using, the IP address, browser and operating system being used to connect your computer to the internet. This information may be used to improve the services we offer.
- information about your visit to this website, for example we collect information about pages you visit and how you navigate the website, i.e. length of visits to certain pages, products you viewed and searched for, referral sources (e.g. how you arrived at our website).
When you interact with us on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin we may obtain information about you (for example, when you publicly tag us in an event photo). The information we receive will depend on the privacy preferences you have set on those types of platforms.
What type of information is collected from you?
We collect information from you when you buy a product from Codavel, subscribe to our newsletter / blog posts or fill out a form. You may be asked to enter your personal information or connect with one of the social networks available.
The personal information we collect, store and use might include:
- your name and contact details (including email address and telephone number);
- information about your activities on our website and about the device used to access it, for instance your IP address and geographical location;
- any other personal information shared with us.
Data protection laws recognise certain categories of personal information as sensitive and therefore requiring greater protection, for example information about your health, ethnicity and religion. We do not collect sensitive data about you.
How and why is your information used?
We may use your information for a number of different purposes, which may include:
- providing you with the products or information you asked for;
- processing orders that you have submitted;
- carrying out our obligations under any contracts entered into between you and us;
- keeping a record of your relationship with us;
- conducting analysis and market research so we can understand how we can improve our products or information;
- notifying you of changes to our services;
- sending you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about blog posts or new features.
The email address you provide may be used to send you information, promote new features and products, and/or other requests or questions.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How long is your information kept for?
We keep your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes it was collected for. The length of time we retain your personal information for is determined by operational and legal considerations. For example, we are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfill our statutory and regulatory obligations (e.g. tax/accounting purposes).
We review our retention periods on a regular basis.
Who has access to your information?
The personal information we collect is only accessed by employees of Codavel that are authorized for that purpose, according to our internal procedures. We do not sell or rent your information to third parties and we do not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Data protection law requires us to rely on one or more lawful grounds to process your personal information. We consider the following grounds to be relevant:
Where you have provided specific consent to us using your personal information in a certain way, such as to send you email, text and/or telephone marketing.
Performance of a contract
Where we are entering into a contract with you or performing our obligations under it like when you buy Codavel named products.
Where necessary so that we can comply with a legal or regulatory obligation to which we are subject, for example where we are ordered by a court.
Where it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate interests (as long as what the information is used for is fair and does not duly impact your rights).
When we legitimately process your personal information in this way, we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data protection laws. We will not use your personal information where our interests are overridden by the impact on you, for example, where use would be excessively intrusive (unless, for instance, we are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
We may use your contact details to provide you with information about the products you can buy or to promote our blog posts if we think it may be of interest to you.
We will only send you marketing communications by email, text, and telephone if you have explicitly provided your prior consent. You may opt out of our marketing communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the end of our marketing emails.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us about the products you can buy or promote our blog posts, then you can select your choices by ticking the relevant boxes situated on the form used to collect your information.
We’re committed to putting you in control of your data so you’re free to change your marketing preferences (including to tell us that you don’t want to be contacted for marketing purposes) at any time by contacting us by email: email@example.com or telephone: +351 225 027 121.
We will not use your personal information for marketing purposes if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted and will retain your details on a suppression list to help ensure that we do not continue to contact you. However, we may still need to contact you for administrative purposes such as billing.
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you have certain rights over the personal information that we hold about you. Here is a summary of the rights that we think apply:
Right of access
You have a right to request access to the personal data that we hold about you. You also have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you, and we will provide you with this unless legal exceptions apply.
If you want to access your information, please send a description of the information you want to see, alongside a proof of your identity by email to the address provided below.
Right to have your inaccurate personal information corrected
You have the right to have inaccurate or incomplete information we hold about you corrected. The accuracy of your information is important to us so we’re working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you. In the meantime, if you change email address, or if you believe any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us via email (see below). Alternatively, you can telephone +351 225 027 121.
Right to restrict use
You have a right to ask us to restrict the processing of some or all of your personal information if there is a disagreement about its accuracy or we’re not lawfully allowed to use it.
Right of erasure
You may ask us to delete some or all of your personal information and in certain cases, and subject to certain exceptions; we will do so as far as we are required to. In many cases, we will anonymize that information, rather than delete it.
Right for your personal information to be portable
If we are processing your personal information (1) based on your consent, or in order to enter into or carry out a contract with you, and (2) the processing is being done by automated means, you may ask us to provide it to you or another service provider in a machine-readable format.
Right to object
You have the right to object to processing where we using your personal information (1) based on legitimate interests, (2) for direct marketing or (3) for statistical/research purposes.
If you want to exercise any of the above rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may be required to ask for further information and/or evidence of identity. We will endeavor to respond fully to all requests within one month of receipt of your request, however, if we are unable to do so we will contact you with reasons for the delay.
Please note that exceptions apply to a number of these rights, and not all rights will be applicable in all circumstances.
Keeping your information safe
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that appropriate technical and organisational controls are in place to protect it.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Use of 'cookies'
- To deliver a better more personalised service when you browse our website and improve our products.
- To personalize your experience. Your information helps us to respond better to your individual needs.
- To improve our website. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. Turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
Google Analytics: we use Google Analytics to measure how our site is used by visitors and to generate reports for our own use. Codavel does not use the data gathered by Google Analytics and does not provide any type of treatment to the data.
MailChimp: we use MailChimp to provide an email marketing service and we rely on this supplier to send marketing communications. The personal information saved there is not shared with third parties.
WordPress: we use WordPress as a website management platform. Although WordPress collects information, Codavel does not provide any type of treatment to the data.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites run by other organizations. This policy applies only to our website‚ so we encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you access them using links from our website.
Our website is intended for general audiences and is not directed to individuals of less than 18 years of age. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we may have collected information about a child, please contact us as described in the “How to contact us?” section, below.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EEA. You should be aware that these countries may not have similar data protection laws to Portugal. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this policy.
If you use our services while you are outside the EEA, your information may be transferred outside the EEA in order to provide you with those services. We undertake regular reviews of who has access to information that we hold to ensure that your info is only accessible by appropriately trained staff.
Changes to this policy
Any changes we may make to this policy in the future will be posted on this website so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. If we make any significant changes we’ll make this clear on this website.
How to contact us?
Address: Rua da Constituição, 346-358, 4200-192 Porto, Portugal
Telephone Number: +351 225 027 121
Email Address: email@example.com
Portuguese Data Protection Supervisor: Comissão Nacional de Proteção de Dados
Address: Rua de São Bento n.º 148-3º 1200-821 Lisboa, Portugal
Telephone Number: +351 213928400
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of this Policy
We keep this policy under regular review. This policy was last updated in June 2018.